Friday, September 19, 2008

Frankenstein is Home

Well, after spending over 4 hours today waiting in the surgery prep area I finally had my port installed... My neck and chest are pretty sore and I feel like Frankenstein with this thing in my chest but other than that I feel pretty good. I would take a picture of it and post it but I don't want to make Kendahl Bear feel sick. =)

My mom forgot that I was having surgery today and I had a lot of fun giving her a hard time about it this evening (I love you Mom!). She swears I never told her... if she reads this she'll kill me so let's see if she reads our blog or not. =)

I start chemo on Monday so if you feel like praying for me, pray that I won't get nauseous (along with all the other "possible" side affects I got to hear about) and that I'll be able to continue working through this whole six month process.

1 comment:

Bekah said...

Poor mom. Why is it that you two have such a difficult time communicating? :) Glad everything went well. Thank you for not posting pictures. I don't know if you remember but I had to sit down with my head between my legs because I almost passed out when I saw Dad's port. (And I wanted to be a nurse???) Praying always.