Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Pass the Butter!

OK, we just got back from Maine... we'll try and get some photos up for ya'll to see real soon. In the meantime, here is a recap of our meeting with the oncologist this afternoon.

They want to begin chemotherapy as soon as possible. Even though the lymph nodes they tested were negative for cancer, they claim that because there was perforation (the tumor came through the wall of the colon) there is a 50% chance that it will return. The therapy they want me to undergo is supposed to reduce that risk to 30%.

I will have treatment 3 days a week... every 2 weeks... for 6 months. They want to install a port in my chest for the treatment immediately. I told them that we would wait until after next weekend when we get back from L.A. (following OSU's win over USC). =)

Julie and I would like to thank everyone for all the prayers and support we've received... we're truly blessed by you.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Are you sitting in a resteraunt in Bar Harbor?? That looks exactly like the place I ate A LOT Of lobster in 11 years ago on Kent and I's honeymoon! It was wonderful!
I also wanted to let you know that Kent and I are praying for you, and pray Chemo goes as well as it can. Strength be to you and Julie.
The Stamm's

Matt & Julie Rychener said...

Nice catch Carrie. That is indeed at a restaurant in downtown Bar Harbor. It was located at the corner down by the boat docks and was up on the second floor deck outdoors.

The German-Ethiopian Alaskans :O) said...

We are praying for you!! Love the photos. Miss you guys!